I wasn't even thinking yesterday about Friday Fave- but wasn't it nice of my wee little grandgirlie to arrive in time to star in my weekly FFF??? It's by far the best Friday Fave I've ever participated in! :)
A few more details for those of you who popped in yesterday and saw the pictures!
Our daughter-in-law, Kathleen, gave me a call Thursday morning telling me that her water had broken early that morning. The doctor let her go home to pack a bag but then she had to return immediately to the hospital. Baby was on the way!
I was really in shock. Becoming a first-time Nannie is thrilling enough but one month early?? And on Easter weekend in a minister's household?? I think this little girlie knows how to get the attention already :)
The situation was even more complicated. Our son John was in Vancouver recording the latest album for his band, Paper Lions. The whole band was due to arrive home on Easter Sunday - in plenty of time ( we all thought!) for a first baby's due date - May 2nd.
I spent the day bustling around the house in constant prayer - that John would catch a flight on one of the busiest flying weekends of the year, that he would arrive in time for the birth, that Kathleen wouldn't have to be induced and, most of all, that baby would arrive safe and sound.
John's facebook status tells the story:
Woke up yesterday at 5:30am in Vancouver to Kathleen telling me her water had broken. (4 weeks early) I got on the first flight home to Charlottetown and 24 hours later, we are now parents to a beautiful baby girl!
She is full of surprises but we are so thrilled to have our new baby girl here safe and sound! Will post her name and pictures later (when we have one!) :)
All my prayers answered! Kathleen had a "textbook delivery" in the words of her nurse. Our darling little granddaughter is healthy and nursing like a little trooper. Both Mommy and Daddy are very tired but I seem to remember that as the normal state of affairs!
First-time Auntie Sarah is so thrilled. Here's her facebook status:
My niece is the most beautiful little baby I've ever seen. I am so proud of her already and all she does is sleep. Couldn't be happier!!
So here is my Friday Fave ~ with a few new pictures for those of you who are reading for the second time!
1. So very thankful for the safe arrival of our beautiful little granddaughter on Easter weekend.
2. Absolutely thrilled to have a little girlie - even with my own sweet girl, I just haven't had my fill of dresses and dollies - I love all things feminine!
3. So very proud of my son and his beautiful wife. They love the Lord with all their hearts and I know this little girl is so blessed to have them for parents.
Happy little family!
4. So very happy for my beloved - he's been longing for a grandbaby for quite a while - even going so far as to offer $5000 for the first (there was a deadline on that and they all missed it . . . phew!)
5. And so happy for my girl. She is going to be one awesome auntie - she's been a baby addict from the start!
6. And I have to add one more Friday Favourite for me. I can't tell you how blessed I feel. It's truly indescribable. Such a wonder and deep joy to hold my own boy's, little girl in my arms. And to know that she is truly a part of me.
Definitely an over the moon Nannie! or Nanny? What do you think?
I'm so glad I have a wonderful group of bloggers who are ahead of me in this Grammie Game ~ Lovella, Anneliese, Beth, Niki, Carolyn, Pamela, Marg, Bev, Judy, Jody, Willow, Deb ~ did I leave any out??? So many wonderful, godly grandmothers! I'm watching and learning and so very thankful for you all!
And one more fun thought - I beat Jill in the grammie race!!! Haha - just kidding Jill :) Praying for your little grandboy's safe arrival soon!
A very blessed Easter to each of you!